What to Expect for “In-Person” Worship — 8:30 & 10:30 am
Why the Protocols?
We are offering In-Person worship services and we will be observing the State, County, and CDC guidelines as much as possible. We believe that our love for Jesus is seen in how we obey his commands and a couple of Jesus’ commands are to “obey the authorities God has placed over us” (OK, that was the Apostle Paul, but where did he learn this?) and to “love our neighbors as ourselves.” So we have a whole lot of loving we’re to do. And at PRCC, we believe we demonstrate God’s unconditional, sacrificial “agape” love when we defer to our brothers and sisters and yes, even our enemies. This is called deferential love; we place the needs of the person next to us above our “rights.”
Since PRCC is such a diverse community faith, deferential love says that “until the most cautious PRCC family member feels comfortable and cared for, we will remain vigilant in doing our best to provide a safe and clean facility.”
Reserve Your Seat*
* by submitting a reservation request you are affirming that: (a) you don’t have Covid-symptoms; (b) you haven’t been exposed to someone with Covid; and (c) you’ll be bringing your mask with you.
What To Expect When Attending
Practically, what this means for Sunday worship is this: To the best of our ability we will:
- Conduct a quick and painless Check-In (You’ll be asked whether or not you’ve had any Covid-like symptoms or been exposed to anyone who’s tested positive for Covid within the past 14 days and look for your mask/face covering).
- Minimize the number of touches you need to make (Our Team of servants will open doors for you, handout outlines, and even give you a cup of coffee).
- Thoroughly disinfect the building and utensils before and between services (We have a trained Cleaning Team with cleaning-caddies and professional disinfectant sprayers who will sanitize and disinfect rooms and high-volume touchpoint).
- Provide masks for anyone needing one in order to enter the building (Everyone serving will be provided a team mask/face covering. They look so cool, you may want to serve just to get your own PRCC Mask!)
- Limit the seating capacity to the Tier-Approved percentage (25 or 50% depending on color). Currently, the Worship Center is set to accommodate 50% of our Occupancy Limit which means we have just over 100 chairs set in the Worship Center.
- Encourage “social distancing” while seated. Currently, there is 6 feet between each row of chairs. We encourage families and friend-groups to sit together to occupy rows. If you prefer not to sit next to someone, we provide a “pool noodle” that you may use to lay across the seats next to you to ensure a minimal “2-chair gap.”
What About Seating?
To seat as many people as the “limit” allows, please:
- Contact the church office by email (email@example.com), phone (805.239.4771) or by completing the “Reservation Form” on this page and let us know which service you’ll be attending and how many Worship Center seats you will need.
- When you decide on where to sit, please begin sitting at the end a row and fill the row toward the center; don’t plop yourself down in the center of a row because that makes it extremely difficult for others to locate appropriate seating.
- Try “social distancing” while seated. Currently, there is 6 feet between each row of chairs. We encourage families and friend-groups to sit together to occupy rows. If you prefer not to sit next to someone, we provide a “pool noodle” that you may use to lay across the seats next to you to ensure a minimal “2-chair gap.”